Here we’re sharing a step-by-step information to safely Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 9.0 Pie With OmniROM. The Huawei Honor 8 comes outfitted with a big 5.20-inch FULL HD touchscreen show at a PPI of 423 pixels per inch. It is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Kirin 950 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. It packs 32GB of inner storage that may be expanded up to 128GB by way of a microSD card.
The Huawei Honor 8 sports activities a 12-megapixel major digicam and an 8-megapixel front-facing selfies shooter. The Huawei Honor 8 runs Android 6.zero Marshmallow out of the field and packs a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
About OmniROM GSI ROM:
GSI Stands for Generic system picture. It is a system picture shut to “pure Android” primarily based on unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. GSI ROMs might be put in on supported mission treble enabled units. Now there are numerous Android 9.0 Pie primarily based GSI ROM made out there for mission trebled units. OmniROM Pie is now made out there for numerous units. The new replace added many essential options like extra community modes help to Flippable Quick Settings, Roadrunner mode, Multi-window, Daydream enhancements, 3D depth Phase Beam and plenty of extra.
OmniROM is a characteristic packed ROM which affords nice customization, efficiency and stability. The ROM is open supply and developed by OmniROM neighborhood. Huawei Honor 8 OmniROM (GSI) is shared by crew OpenKirin. So all credit score goes to them. The ROM could be very steady and can be utilized as a each day driver. Now observe the information to Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 9.0 Pie With OmniROM.
OmniROM Pie Alpha 2 Changelog
- Flashlight repair.
- Gapps up to date. Digital Wellbeing included.
- Face Unlock now working (Settings / Security / Smart Lock)
- Kirin 950 entrance digicam crash fastened (at the very least on Mate 8)
- Kirin 950 blur subject labored round (“Disable HW Overlays” is robotically enabled at startup on these units.)
- All OmniROM modifications up via Nov. 18; safety patch November 5, 2018.
- Make certain the bootloader in your machine is unlocked and your machine is rooted and you’ve got a customized restoration put in.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot
- Make certain your machine has greater than 50% battery.
- Make certain you’ve taken a backup of your essential knowledge. Now proceed To Install OMNI Pie ROM On your Huawei Honor 8
RootMyGalaxy.internet shouldn’t be answerable for any injury occurred to your machine(s) whereas following this information, proceed at your individual danger.
Steps To Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 9.0 Pie With OmniROM (GSI)
- Make certain your machine is rooted and have the most recent TWRP restoration (Version three.2.1 or Higher) put in. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, obtain the information from the above hyperlink and extract them
- Now switch the downloaded information to the interior storage of your machine.
- Now reboot to the TWRP restoration
- Take a nandroid backup by choosing the choice from the house display after which your knowledge and cache from the restoration menu.
- Now return to the primary menu of TWRP and wipe cache, knowledge, and system earlier than flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe knowledge: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and choose Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data after which swipe to wipe. (Don’t choose the interior storage)
- Now Return to the primary menu of TWRP once more and set up the GSI ROM which is only a system picture.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> choose system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like customized ROMs
- Last however not least, flash Magisk (non-obligatory) if you need to root (not really useful as all units have totally different strategies)
Using ADB and fastboot
- Download and set up ADB and fastboot in your PC.
- Now switch the file (GSI system .img) to the ADB folder
- Connect your machine to PC and boot your machine into bootloader mode.
- Now Open command home windows there or Windows energy shell and subject the next command
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing course of is accomplished, reboot your telephone and you’ll be booted into OmniROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you’ve any doubts concerning this course of, be happy to remark under.